Luxury Living with Browntree Properties
Once you have selected your ideal home with Browntree, the letting process is quick and simple.
The Signing Process
To reserve a property you’ll need to fill out an application form, provide the following documentation upon signing the Tenancy Agreement:
- Identification: Passport (+BRP/VISA). If you don’t have a passport we can accept a UK driver’s licence and birth certificate.
- A proof of address: Official letters which show your address for the last three years. These letters must have your name and full address on the letter head (e.g. bank statement or utility bill).
- Proof of employment/education: If you’re a professional you’ll need to provide a copy of your employment contract or a written reference from your line manager/HR. We will also contact them by phone to confirm employment. If you’re a student you must provide your student ID card or acceptance letter to the University (Student ID must be in date during tenancy).
- Bank account: Information of your UK bank account from which you’ll pay your rent.
- Guarantor: A guarantor is also required, Information of a UK homeowner who will act as your guarantor. However all you need to do is give us the details and we organize everything else. If you are unable to provide a guarantor we can make alternative arrangements (terms and conditions apply).
What Do You Pay?
Upon signing the Tenancy Agreement you will need to pay the agreed deposit + fees where applicable.
The Rent can then be paid by setting up a standing order with your bank which can be set up from our office. Or you can pay in the office with either cash or cheque.
A structured payment plan will be explained to you when signing for a property. We usually collect rent payments either quarterly in advance or monthly in advance. We offer discounts for tenants who would like to pay for their whole contract upfront.
A deposit is required for all our properties which is refundable at the end of your tenancy contract.
It is a legal requirement for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement for us to protect it under a government scheme.
We use the MyDeposits, who hold your deposit in a custodial manner to ensure your deposit is protected throughout your tenancy.
More information can be found about the MyDeposits on their website: www.mydeposits.co.uk
You’l need to bring your passport (and/visa) to collect your keys from the Browntree office. You will be given a tenancy pack which will include useful information you will need during your tenancy.
During Your Tenancy
Our specialist maintenance team and easy to use Online Maintenance Office Service make it easy to get in contact should something need fixing. We deal with all maintenance issues as quickly and as effectively as possible however some repairs are more urgent than others and should be dealt with as a priority to ensure the safety and comfort of our tenants.
On the day that you move out, we will need to inspect your property. During this inspection we will check the condition of the place and make sure you have not left anything behind. We will check the property against the inventory signed at the start of the tenancy.
Please make sure the property has been left clean and empty to avoid cleaning charges.